Carolina Country Music Fest 2015!

Saturday, June 27, 2015



Hey y'all! If you are reading this we survived the Carolina Country Music Festival 2015. It was the first one to be held in Myrtle Beach, SC. Rascal Flatts, Eric Church, Hunter Hayes, and Lady Antebellum were just a few of the amazing acts that came to have a little fun in the sun! There was a selection of great food, some cold drinks (both alcoholic & non), and of course lots of great memories to be made.

Anyone who knows me, knows concerts in general are sort of my thing. There's something about seeing my favorite musicians sing my favorite lyrics that gives me a high. So with that being said I'm pretty experienced in the festival category and I have to just say this, it was a great time, of course with it being the first year there are hiccups that need to be worked out for next year, but of course even with being the new festival in town, I'm here to give a review. :) (5 stars being the most 1 star being the least)



Wristbands (Going Cashless)

I'll be honest I was a bit hesitant about this concept, but it ended up being pretty nifty. You could pay cash/card of course for the musician merchandise, but a majority of it was you had to pay with the money that was on your wristband. Now for future reference: The wristband IS waterproof. (at least these were) It just goes to show how far technology has come. 5 stars for awesome wristbands.

Parking

Lets be honest, I still think 50 dollars per person for a shuttle when there was limited parking from the beginning is still an unfair price to charge. I'm speaking for people like us who have budgeted for this trip. Just because you can afford them, doesn't necessarily mean you can afford everything else when it starts to add up through all 3/4 days you decide to be there. It gets pricy to say the least. 1 star for parking :(

Security/Safety

We honestly had no problems, the cops did a wonderful job containing it for the most part, of course you have your rowdy crowd especially when Eric Church is in the building lol. Although, on the last day we got there before the gates opened and for some odd reason they made my husband go to the back of the line to get scanned in. My advice: don't get separated! If they insist like they did with my husband then tell them your party is the person next to you. 5 stars for security & feeling safe!

Food/Drink

Food was fair in price, of course if you're staying all 4 (or 3 days like we did) then you better find out cheaper prices close to the event so you can come/go when you want to eat. :) Drinks were definitely fair in price too, they mostly had easy picks like coors and redd's apple ale. 4 stars for food/drinks!

Music

Let's be honest...IT WAS AWESOME!!!! Of course the last night was amazing because we all know I'm a tad bit obsessed with Hunter Hayes and Lady Antebellum. :) Overall everyone did amazing. I even got to meet Mo Pitney! 100000 stars for amazing music! (can you blame me lol)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS