Country Music Festival Must-Haves + Tips!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Hey Y'all!! I've been to enough concerts and music festivals to know what should and shouldn't be brought. That is why on today's blog, I decided to give y'all my guide of what to bring and what to leave at home, as well as tips + tricks! Enjoy!

Need to save your phone battery?

Usually this is my number one priority because I'm a huge social media enthusiast. I really do have a problem where I get so distracted by social media. My tips are: use your phone usage wisely (wait to text people back, hold out when you want to use those fun photo apps, also do not record all the music on video if you want your phone to last! this will drain your battery faster), Close all apps on your phone when not using, wait to post a majority of your photos till the end of the night/the next morning (trust me on this). Also, If you need to check the time, wear a watch instead, this way you don't keep clicking your phone on! (Don't forget to bring your car charger and wall charger but leave in car because not every festival has a charging place)

What To Get Info on Before the Actual Festival Starts:

  • Parking/shuttle (this is always a major problem with any major event with a lot of people)
  • Good cheap food places around the Festival just incase you decide not to spend an arm and leg on that expensive festival food because lets face it 5 dollars for corn on the cob seems pretty expensive when you just spent all that money on a shuttle pass and your ticket to even go to the event.
  • Make sure if you are staying at a hotel to look how far the distance is from the actual festival (I'm sure if you are an avid concert/festival goer, you already know this lol but this is without assuming you're staying at a camp ground)
  • the closest Starbucks or coffee shop because if it's a 3-Day event, you're going to need it since you're probably going to be getting up in the mornings after staying out late (count for traffic, nobody can prepare you for that, it's inevitable) 
  • The Weather! (rain or shine performances all day of everyday)
  • If there is an app! (this will help instead of carrying a paper of all the times, be sure to map out which performances you want to go to & a rough idea when you take a lunch/dinner break)

Should I Bring a Purse or No?

I personally only carry around a small satchel or a wristlet for my I.D. & Money. You don't need to bring anything major really, it's a drag carrying a huge purse around all day especially during the summer festivals...Trust me you'll thank me later. ;) (You can also carry around a small back pack to your liking, but it will be checked when you get to the gate)

Want to bring a camera/folding chair/cooler/weapons?

Usually all but the folding chair is banned from most of the music festivals, but not all, just make sure on the websites. I wish that they would let camera's in, but that's only wishful thinking (I'm a shutterbug). I also know this goes without saying but leave all the weapons at home, because just because someone cut you in the beer line it doesn't give you a right to cut or shank them, yes they are crappy for doing that, but trust me, just enjoy the music. :)

What should I wear?

I'll be doing a blog next week on my favorite looks for the festival but hint: leave the heels at home. ;)

What I Suggest Bringing:


  • Sunblock/sunglasses
  • Cowboy hat/baseball hat
  • Blanket/towel to sit on
  • Money/I.D.
  • Chapstick/lip gloss (sometimes I carry powder & blush with me too if I have the room so I can freshen up, otherwise if my car is within walking distance I just keep it in the car)
  • Spray bottle with fan (it gets hot! especially with that humidity in the south)
  • Pack of gum
  • Bottled water (as long as it's allowed, again festivals vary on rules)
  • Wet napkins/tissues
  • Small Snack (again if allowed)
  •  Especially if you have kids a few band-aids wouldn't hurt to bring just incase.
  • Hair tie(s), if you have long hair you understand and sometimes you just need to bring a back up.
  • Poncho (just incase)
  • You, your friends, and a plan to have fun!
I hope y'all enjoy all the amazing musicians and have a great time with your friends/family! Stay tuned for next weeks blog full of amazing outfits just for the festival season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS