Kelsea Ballerini: The First Time Review

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The moment I heard "Love Me Like I Mean It" I instantly fell in love with the catchy-tune. Kelsea has beautiful voice that definitely enjoyable and with lyrics that are easy to sing-a-long-to it's a no wonder why she's taking the Country Music world on by a storm. CMT released a sneak peak to the full album, which is why I immediately had to review it, because I believe in Kelsea and good music. ;)

  • XO - Is definitely a song that that anyone who has ever been in some crazy love triangle with a person they liked and their ex can relate to. It's catchy and fun to sing to as well as empowering.
  • Peter Pan - Is a brilliantly written song, perhaps one of my top favorites on this album. Every girl has fallen for a guy who didn't really want to grow up and face the music that his actions caused the girl pain. This is a song I wish would've been around when I went through some of my heartbreaks. Excellent job Kelsea on conveying the message that many girls wanted to say for so long. :)
  • Love Me Like You Mean It - This is the first song I heard from her. I cannot help turning this up and singing along in the car. A very empowering call-to-action about a girl who doesn't want her time wasted by yet another lame guy who will deliver pretty words and not the actions hence the love me like you mean it title. Very relatable and catch indeed. :)
  • Square Pegs - Is another top favorite, it's about being who you are and not following anyone else's path but your own. She sings "Square pegs make the world go 'round," Definitely the most inspirational track on the album. Every artist needs a song to sing to the square pegs of the world, because different is beautiful and that's the message that will never get old. I give this song major props because Kelsea sings it so beautifully.
  • First Time - Probably my top favorite song on the album. First Time is nothing short of beautifully wrote and beautifully sung. It's about letting go of someone who hurt you before that even though you knew better, you still gave the benefit of the doubt to, and now the past is the past for a reason. I relate to this one majorly, I know other young girls would too, because they can't always be prince charming's and you've got to kiss a lot of frogs. ;)
  • Looking At Stars - All a girl really wants is a simple romantic date under the stars with a guy she really likes. I second that. Enough said. :)
  • Sirens - Another catchy song but about wanting a bad boy and knowing better, because I also second that sometimes bad boys seem more appealing at the time than more logical later and girls don't always listen to logic haha.
  • Second Hand Smoke - I was really genuinely really moved by this song. The country genre does a good job at being honest and raw, and this does a really good job at living up to that. Just give it a listen, I'll let the song speak for its self.
  • Dibs - Now this song is going to definitely become a hit. We all have that one person we just have to call 'dibs' on. It's very playful, catchy, and enjoyable to listen to. LOVE it.
  • Stiletto's - Another song that is sure to empower you after a break up. Women can wear their pain like stiletto's, because we like to take the hits gracefully. She does a great job at conveying the message that it's not a woman's job to stay at home and cry about it. It's life and it happens, but it's not going to stop that girl. Girl power!
  • Yeah Boy - The second catchy song, that was released on her youtube channel, is about that boy that catches your eye and you catch yourself thinking about wanting him to take your time. Catchy. Relatable and definitely one of the cutest tunes I've heard about a boy.
  • Underage - One of those nostalgic songs that will definitely get you thinking about all the memories you made during your underage years. Warning: May make you homesick if you're far from home like me. I am obsessed with this track.
Check out this awesome Album Premiere from Kelsea Ballerini!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS