2 Year Marriage Anniversary!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

So our 2 year Anniversary is tomorrow, August 17th to be exact. I try to be as open as I can with y'all because I love my life & the people in it so much that it's almost selfish not to share! I thought since I've been letting you in on something in my personal life that I'd share with you some of my favorite things from our wedding to celebrate 2 years with my wonderful husband.


Our ceremony was the most important part to me. There were a few venues in mind, but "The Spivey House" located in Downtown Conway, SC. Was the one I fell in love with + had to have.


I did as best as I could make it feel well like us as a couple when I bought certain things. The blue mason jars were our wedding favors, because well their versatile, and I even put a little pun on the sticker - Just call me pun queen. hehe. We had our family help a bunch when it came to decorating, but I think it turned out wonderful! :)


The Trustle Resturant & Bakery, also located in Downtown Conway, SC catered as well as made our cake. We were very pleased with how it all came out & made our day all that more special.


I went to a few dress shops, but Magnolia's, is one of the dress shops that was very flexible and welcoming to me and my needs as a bride. The Bouquet was actually just a hand picked one from a grocery store, who says you have to go to an expensive florist? And what is a rustic southern wedding without a girls' pearls & pair of cowboy boots? The boots come straight from Nashville & had a special meaning behind them. :)


When I said thank you for attending & being there for us at this special time in our lives, it wasn't just me being polite. I'm so glad everyone came out to see us get hitched and all that jazz. ;) Our wedding party was carefully hand picked, I hate to brag but we got the best of the best. :P


The photographer is Kristy Roderick, she also did our engagement photos, and believe me when I tell you this was equally as important to me as the ceremony venue. We had inquired about her doing our wedding, but didn't know if it was possible, but one thing led to another and she agreed. We were her first wedding, and she did wonderfully. I can't tell you how appreciative of the photos she did get documenting our special day. The First look isn't for everyone, but I had my reasons for deciding to fit it in our schedule. I've never been one to believe in a lot of superstitions, the groom seeing the bride before the wedding is one rule that I broke. I felt this helped calm my nerves on our big day. We had about 2 months to throw this wedding, as well as no rehearsal was- regrettably- had. So I'm just glad that our first look didn't suffer. However, if you're going to do this, be sure you clarify it is private, have it where not a lot of foot traffic is, we had early guests come & it felt a little awkward, when it was supposed to be a sweet moment for us. All together, I think it was successful and can be scene in the black in white photo. :)


The best part of the wedding hands down was getting to make memories with my best friend & my husband. This was a huge start to what is the very beginning of our lives together and even when I look back at all the stress it was those 2 months getting things done & ready for when he flew in from Tech school, it was all worth it. I know that these 2 years have been the better years of my life just because I've had someone as special as my husband, and he so sweetly shares his birthday with me as if I'm the best present he's ever gotten - and I am ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS